Nippon Shuppan Hanbai has revealed the top 15 manga of their Zenkoku Shoten-in ga Eranda Osusume Comic 2018 (Bookstore clerks all over Japan chose the most recommended manga of 2018). First place went to Kamome Shirahama’s Tongari Boushi no Atelier (Atelier of Witch Hat).
It was followed by Yuukoku no Moriarty (Moriarty the Patriot) by Ryounosuke Takeuchi (story) and Hikaru Miyoshi (artist), which is inspired by Arthur Conan Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes series of stories. In third place is Sho Aimoto’s Kemono Jiken followed by Dr. Stone by Riichiro Inagaki (story) and Boichi (art) and Kuutei Dragons by Taku Kuwabara.
Five winners were chosen in the web manga category, including Uramichi Onii-san by Gaku Kuze, Miira no Kaikata (How to Keep a Mummy) by Kakeru Utsugi and more. For the full ranking, please take a look at the end of this article.
1312 bookstore workers all over Japan were asked to vote. Today, 2 February 2018, the Nikkei Entertainment March volume will be released, which will include featured articles on this survey. There will be more information on the ranking series and comments from the clerks as well as a round-table discussion about manga by employees of Nippon Shuppan Hanbai.
Bookstore Clerks All Over Japan Choose the Most Recommended Manga of 2018
1. Tongari Boushi no Atelier by Kamome Shirahama (Kodansha)
2. Yuukoku no Moritary by Ryousuke Takeuchi, Hikaru Miyoshi, Arthur Conan Doyle (Shueisha)
3. Kemono Jiken by Shou Aimoto (Shueisha)
4. Dr. Stone by Boichi and Riichiro Inagaki (Shueisha)
5. Kuutei Dragons by Taku Kuwabara (Kodansha)
6. Machigatta Ko wo Mahou Shoujo ni Shite Shimatta by Souryuu (Shinchousha)
7. Noumen Joshi no Hanako-san (Noh Masked High School Girl Hanako) by Ryou Oda (Kodansha)
8. Yakumo-san wa Edzuke ga Shitai (Square Enix)
9. Violence Action by Shin Sawada, Renji Asai (Shogakukan)
10. Dragon, Ie wo Kau (Dragon’s House-Hunting) by Kawo Tanuki, Shouko Aya (Shueisha)
11. Ao no Flag by KAITO (Shueisha)
12. Hokuhokusei ni Kumo to Ike by Aki Irie (Kadokawa)
13. Maou no Hisho (Satan’s Secretary) by Kamotsu Kamonabe (Taibundo)
14. Shitsuji-tachi no Chinmoku by Hina Sakurada (Shogakukan)
15. Ageku no Hate no Kanon by Kyou Yoneshiro (Shogakukan)
Nibiiro no Haka no Naka de (In the Blunt Box) by Tomohiro Shinohara (Nippan IPS)
Uramichi Onii-san by Gaku Kuze (Ichijinsha)
Miira no Kaikata (How to Keep a Mummy) by Kakeru Utsugi (Futabasha)
Hone ga Kusaru Made by Yae Utsumi (Kodansha)
Hazureta Minna no Atama no Neji by Yohsuken (Taibundo)