The online book store Book☆Walker has released information on the manga and light novel series which have seen the highest rise in sales after their anime adaptations started airing in Spring 2017. Considered in the ranking are the sales of the first three volumes of manga, light novels etc. and how much they sold between 1 April-28 May 2017. These sale numbers were measured in relation to their previous sales numbers.
The results for the light novel-based anime of the Spring 2017 season?
Eromanga Sensei and Roku de Nashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Record ranked in the Top 10. But the work that saw the highest rising in sales was Renai Boukun from Meteor Comics. Ranking second was Hinako Note, with its cute everyday charm.
Renai Boukun was most purchased by men in their late 20s or early 30s. Hinako Note had a similar demographic, with the difference that men in their late 30s purchased it more.
The first five places were as follows:
1. Renai Boukun (Love Tyrant) [Manga]
2. Hinako Note [Manga]
3. Boruto -Naruto Next Generations- [Manga]
4. Alice to Zouroku (Alice and Zouroku) [Manga]
5. Busou Shoujo Machiavellism (Armed Girls Machiavellism) (Manga)
The first five places went to manga series. Boruto originally wasn’t in the ranking in April, but slowly gained more support throughout May. From 6th place on, many light novels entered the ranking.
6. Eromanga Sensei [Light Novel]
7. Oushitsu Kyoushi Heine (The Royal Tutor) [Manga]
8. Roku de Nashi Majutsu Koushi to Akashic Record (Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor) [Light Novel]
9. Zero Kara Hajimeru Mahou no Sho (Grimoire of Zero) [Light Novel]
10. Shuumatsu Nani Shiteimasuka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukuttemoratteiidesuka? (SukaSuka) [Light Novel]