In the last episode of Konosuba we were left wondering if we would ever see naked people, I mean, the Hot Springs. Thankfully, despite all the obstacles we finally got what we wanted, plus other things.
Japanese Original Episode Title:この不浄な温泉街に女神を！
If Aqua was the priest of my local church you can be sure I’d be always sinning just so I can go and confess to her and have her absolve me for the darkness of my soul. Adding to that, I really can’t blame the citizens of Arcanretia for worshipping the goddess Aqua, aside for the obvious reasons of her being the goddess of water, that is.
“Thou shalt love big breasts. Thou shalt love small breasts. The Axis faith teaches forgiveness in all things. Whether you’re a loli-con, a NEET or a questionably-human fan of animal-eared girls.”
I mean, come on now. Who wouldn’t want to be part of a religion like this, so full of acceptance and love? Now I understand the obsessive-like devotion.
All the misfortune Kazuma and Megumin faced is definitely the consequence of their skepticism, their lack of respect for this far superior religion. But seriously, those two have amazing tolerance skills. They couldn’t even breathe without having someone try to convince them into joining them and most people I would have just snapped in a situation like this. Of course, Darkness is not included in that bunch. I’m sure she will have a blast with the witch hunting deal.
The Hot Springs: Encountering a person who was even more annoyed and the Axis people was really amusing. This guy was about to kill someone, I swear. Maybe himself. Also, I’ll never understand why if there’s a mixed bath, why would you choose to go to a gender exclusive one instead? How rude is that? I bet it’s considered a crime somewhere.
And I would think Kazuma felt the same way but sometimes I don’t really get him. I wonder, why would you try to eavesdrop when you can try to sneak a peek instead? Poor guy at this point must be so sexually frustrated that anything can satisfy him.
Themes & Trivia
Witch hunting: You know how history tells us about the huge amount of innocent people who died at a witch-hunt (because a real witch would just escape, right? Right?!), so it’s really very ironic how this time, not only they’re hunting some innocent people who were harassed to no end while they were just trying to have a good time, but also the fact that they’re coming onto the same goddess they worship. I honestly don’t know why Aqua even tries anymore, we know they won’t believe you, but it wouldn’t be Aqua if she used common sense.
Most religions have an idea of how the god they adore is. It’s interesting to see how they absolutely can’t believe Aqua because the image they have in their heads of how their goddess is supposed to be, is way too different from the reality. Then again, if someone came out of nowhere and just started to claim they’re actually the god you believe in, you probably would call it bullshit as well, and will end up getting offended too, especially if they look as shady as Aqua and her group.
Well, those are some very interesting vacations alright. I just can’t decide which is best between this experience and fighting against some weird animal looking monster! And there’s more to come! It’s not every day you have the opportunity to be a victim of a real witch hunt. We might even see someone being stoned! And I mean literally.
Oh. No, wait, we already saw that.
Well, at least we can still hope to see someone burn at the stake.
Also, for a tiny moment there I thought Darkness was being the sensible one, looking all embarrassed while Aqua made a fool of herself, but then I quickly understood she was just enjoying being subjugated by Aqua and publicly ridiculed.
How to successfully escape death by Satou Kazuma.
At this point what Kazuma really should be doing is writing one of this self-help books that inexplicably become best sellers, because honestly, the problems these girls get this guy into are way too much. He’s managed to come alive out of all them, even though resurrection! So I’m really hoping he fights these people in a very nasty way. The next chapter’s review is coming right up here in Manga. Tokyo!
NEXT TIME: “God’s Blessing on This Wonderful Party!” “Kono Subarashii Nakama-tachi ni Shukufuku o!” (この素晴らしい仲間たちに祝福を！)
Anime ‘KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2’
All reviews for KONOSUBA -God's blessing on this wonderful world!
- KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2 Episode 1 Review: Give Me Deliverance from this Judicial Injustice
- KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2 Episode 2 Review: A Friend for This Crimson Demon Girl
- KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2 Episode 3 Review: Peace for the Master of This Labyrinth Introduction
- KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2 Episode 4 Review: A Betrothed for This Noble Daughter!
- KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2 Episode 5 Review: Servitude for This Masked Knight!
- KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2 Episode 6 Review: Goodbye to This Irritating Living World!
- KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2 Episode 7 Review: An Invitation for this Knucklehead!
- KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2 Episode 8 Review: Sightseeing in This Pitiful City!
- KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2 Episode 9 Review: “A Goddess for This Corrupt Hot Springs Town!”
- KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2 Episode 10 Review: “God’s Blessing on This Wonderful Party!”
- KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2 (Winter 2017) Series Review