This episode we sadly had to say goodbye to Konosuba as we finally reached the end of this season, and as far as grand finales go, this was definitely a good example of one.
Japanese Original Episode Title:この素晴らしい仲間たちに祝福を！
It turned out the gloomy looking guy was really trying to kill someone, or to be more specific, to annihilate the whole town. I completely understand the situation where someone has been so irritating to you, you just want to erase them from existence, and honestly those people really were annoying. I know Kazuma and Megumin agree since most people in this town harassed them, humiliated them and even threatened their lives. And the cherry on top was to toss them out of the city as if they were trash, after their lives were saved. Yes, the business was ruined but you were saved from being consumed to death in some polluted waters.
So yeah, the gang definitely had more reasons to attempt murder. Sadly, it’s still considered a crime to kill people in most countries and alternative worlds, doesn’t matter how sick of them you are.
Either way, this episode was just cool in so many ways. From Wiz displaying some of her real power to Kazuma demonstrating how much of a good guy he is deep down. That Slime Hans guy is by far one of the worst enemies they have confronted and their fight against him was exciting in a lot of ways. And you see? Kazuma is well on his path to become the next Krillin.
And all of them helped. Surprisingly, everyone was useful in their own way. We can really say they saved the day this time around, even more so because of the fact that the problem was not caused by them in the first place.
The fight: Even though for me this entire episode was praise worthy, the highlight was without a doubt the climax of the fight. As pointed out by Megumin, Kazuma always has a sneaky way to win these fights and after this, we should all be convinced that the power of coming back from death is definitely the best power.
Wiz was awesome and most of it it’s thanks to how much of a softie she normally is. If it wasn’t for this, the contrast between her everyday persona and what we saw, wouldn’t have been as impressive.
Megumin’s explosion was just beautiful and the finish off by Aqua, powered up by the Axis members was very good and appropriate way to end this. You would think that after this, Aqua will finally receive the recognition she so craved from her beloved followers, but sadly ruining their main source of income was too much for them. If it wasn’t for Aqua and the others they wouldn’t even have any business to worry about because they’d be dead and the hot springs would have been ruined anyway. But hey, who cares about logic here?
Themes & Trivia
Aqua’s power boost: There’s a belief that as time goes by and a religion or cult loses popularity and followers, the powers of the god that represents it start to fade away. The more believers it loses the more the power decreases until the god is completely forgotten and eventually becomes no longer a god and new ones rise. I could say the scene where the Axis people help out Aqua with their prayers, is a very accurate representation of this theory as their faith in their goddess completely boosted her powers and made it possible for her to save them all.
Overall this was a great series finale. For a season that started really weak and tiring in a lot of aspects, it just continued to improve to the point where we got today. It was definitely not a masterpiece as far as plot and character development is concerned, but then again, nobody watches these type of anime with those expectations. The over the top reactions and behavior of the characters is a must in this genre. Even when at times the humor became predictable, most situations could be considered original. Although not as good as a lot of comedies out there, this one definitely delivered.
Is this really the end?
Many are hoping for a season 3 already, but of course, it’s really soon to know. I know it’s hard, how are you supposed to go on without a weekly dosage of this mess? I bet that if you pray hard enough Aqua will listen and help. Meanwhile, why don’t you go ahead and drown your sorrows in the rest of anime reviews here in Manga.Tokyo?
Anime ‘KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2’
All reviews for KONOSUBA -God's blessing on this wonderful world!
- KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2 Episode 1 Review: Give Me Deliverance from this Judicial Injustice
- KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2 Episode 2 Review: A Friend for This Crimson Demon Girl
- KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2 Episode 3 Review: Peace for the Master of This Labyrinth Introduction
- KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2 Episode 4 Review: A Betrothed for This Noble Daughter!
- KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2 Episode 5 Review: Servitude for This Masked Knight!
- KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2 Episode 6 Review: Goodbye to This Irritating Living World!
- KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2 Episode 7 Review: An Invitation for this Knucklehead!
- KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2 Episode 8 Review: Sightseeing in This Pitiful City!
- KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2 Episode 9 Review: “A Goddess for This Corrupt Hot Springs Town!”
- KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2 Episode 10 Review: “God’s Blessing on This Wonderful Party!”
- KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World! 2 (Winter 2017) Series Review